Tuesday, January 10, 2012

FRENCH ONION DIP - RECIPE

FRENCH ONION DIP - RECIPE

Mixes and Dips are notoriously items that I forget to check for gluten. My youngest son asked for French Onion Dip for some strange reason. It was late and I was too tired to go to the store. I decided to look for a recipe and see if I had the ingredients. There was an Alton Brown recipe for Onion Dip from Scratch.

The recipe called for cooking onions in olive oil for 20 minus. I didn't want to take that much time. I decided to use dehydrated onion flakes instead. It worked out superbly!

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (you can add more to your taste)

Mix it all together and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment